SPICY Drills With Vinnie
SPICY Drills With Vinnie
If you have taken a class with Vinnie, you know he likes to spice things up a bit for his advanced shooters. These 2 hours will be spent running drills tailored to the students in class. Drills may consist of stages similar to IDPA, and other drills to help the student to become a better, more efficient shooter. Students must come with knowledge of safety, and skills they have learned in our entire Defensive Handgun series, as this is an advanced level class (safety, marksmanship, holster draw, mag changes, moving and shooting, etc.)
Patch and Rocker Attempts
Periodically, “standards” testing to earn the Spicy Drills Patch and/or Rocker will be conducted. Please note that your class may not have this testing.
PASSING & RULES
14rds for the Spicy Standard
You are allowed one redo per standard
Starting positions are as follows: Hands relaxed, at side
All hits must be in the A zone or head zone of our Vtac target to count
Stage 3 of the spicy drills No rolling, leaning or, moving in place you must walk backwards
A time bonus will be added to the following holsters:
- OWB No Active Retention: no bonus
- OWB level 2 holster or IWB Concealed: -.10 to overall time
- OWB Level 3 holster: -.20 to overall time
Stage 1: 3 yds.
- From the draw, 2 to the A Zone, 1 to the head box on left target (slide lock reload); 2 to the A Zone, 1 to the head box on the right target (6rds total) within 4.0 seconds.
Stage 2: 7 yds.
- From the draw, 2rds within 1.5 seconds. Hits must be in the ‘A’ zone.
Stage 3: 10-15 yds.
- From the draw, 6rds within 5.0 seconds. Hits must be in the ‘A’ zone while moving from the 10-yard line back to the 15-yard line.
for just the Patch
Stage (1) must be completed within 5.5 seconds
Stage (2) must be completed within 2.5 seconds
Stage (3) must be completed within 8.0 seconds
for the Patch and Rocker
Stage (1) must be completed within 4.0 seconds
Stage (2) must be completed within 1.5 seconds
Stage (3) must be completed within 5.0 seconds
- Basic firearm safety
- Target transition drills
- Multiple targets with transitions
- Movement drills
- Drawing from different positions
Defensive Handgun 3
- Eye and Ear Protection (Can be purchased day of class at discount)
- Holster (outside waist band, strong side only, good condition, properly fits gun, maintains shape when firearm is removed, ability to re-holster with strong hand only, mounted to a proper belt)
- 3 magazines with mounted mag pouches
- 200 rounds of ammo
- Closed toed shoes